Monday 5 March 2007

Jars for Drugs





These stone jars are perfect for keeping your uppers, downers, blues, reds, or whatever new fangled name you give to your drugs in. Or even just tea bags if you’re boring like me.

I especially like the Quaaludes one. After reading various rock n roll biographies, I wondered for years what ‘’ludes’ were. I dig the name, it sounds like an exotic animal or perhaps a far flung country’s spear-waving inhabitants.

Anyway, these very cute mothers’ little helpers jars are made by Jonathan Adler, an admirable company who have their own manifestos. I like manifestos. Here are some of their best points
We believe colors can't clash.
We believe tassels are the earrings of the home.
We believe in our muses: David Hicks, Alexander Girard, Bonnie Cashin. Hans Coper, Gio Ponti, Andy Warhol, Leroy Neiman, Yves Saint Laurent, and Madonna.
We believe our designs are award winning even though they've never actually won any.

Excellent.

No comments: